Please wait... we are looking for facilities that match your request
Chemin du Petit Fort - 59113 SECLIN
Tél : 03 20 97 14 18 Website
Lille fortification system Sere de Rivieres, it was built between 1873 and 1875. Covering an area of five hectares on a grip of 17 hectares, including the fort was equipped with a bakery and a hospital and could hold a thousand soldiers and their horses. At the end of the nineteenth century, the fort was not adapted to the evolution of artillery. Occupied by a Bavarian regiment in the First World War, he was released by the English October 17, 1918.
During World War II, he served as an annex to the prison of Loos and 69 prisoners were shot, including saboteurs ascquois. Officially demilitarized in 1989, then abandoned before being acquired by private individuals in 1996. He has been patiently restored by its buyers and is the only example of a strong defense of Lille in very good condition.
Allow the deposit of cookies to access this video.