Please wait... we are looking for facilities that match your request
The castle of the Knights Templar told (but have never belonged to them), with parts from the 12th to the 17th century, is a historical monument in 1840 and restored. It belongs to the Counts of Provence from 1248 and the Hospitallers of St. John of Jerusalem. It is bought by the town in the early 1980s.
The castle is built around a rectangular courtyard. The enclosure is enhanced by a round tower (northeast) and a square tower (northwest), which may date from the 12th century. Its defenses are further improved in the sixteenth century before it was modified to provide more comfort to its inhabitants.
Besides the legend of the Knights Templar, another is the existence of an underground part of the tank to join the cellars of the village, just as unfounded.
Gréoux was protected by two successive walls, both of which remain in a state of ruins. that of twelfth century is visible near the castle, the gate of the Old Clock-(also known as gate or Vière old clock), in a corner tower and the walls were pierced with Gothic windows. The wall 1554, which was 670 m long, are still mainly framed walls, garden walls, and a large round tower.