Please wait... we are looking for facilities that match your request
The term castle is overused, it's actually a big mansion neo-medieval style characteristic of large vacation homes in the late nineteenth century on the pink granite coast.
The building complex in volume after several enlargements, is made of pink granite from the quarries of clarity, district of Perros-Guirec. The roof is slate.
Its interior was designed with recycled wood from a boat failed.
It was built on an island purchased by Bruno Abakanowicz (also known as Bruno Abdank), engineer and mathematician of Polish origin in the late summer of 1892 at the Customs Brozec René, who cultivated a Perrosien potatoes and drying of the lichen and fish. The transaction was at the time of 0.25 francs per square meter. It was completed around 1896 by the engineer and the contractor Lanmoniez Lannion Pierre Le Tensorer.
After 1900, when the owner dies, his daughter, Sofia Abakanowicz, now Madame Poray, enlarged the house of a wing to the west back on the rear façade.
During the Second World War, the villa was requisitioned by the German army, and suffered some damage inside.
On September 6, 1990, a fire partially destroyed the interior of the building.
The image of the castle on his island is often used to illustrate postcards and tourist guides of the Côte de Granit Rose, Cotes d'Armor and Brittany.