Please wait... we are looking for facilities that match your request
The Canal de Caen to the sea connects to the port of Caen Ouistreham on the English Channel in the department of Calvados.
The canal was dug parallel to the river Orne which the food, it measures 14 km and includes two locks. It was opened August 23, 1857 by Napoleon III and Empress Eugenie and n 'were only four feet deep. The canal starts at the Basin St. Peter in the port of Caen, along the canal are arranged docks. Current depth is 10 meters and width up to 200 meters (in the basin of Calix). The wharf at Blainville measure over 600 meters. It is a question of the commercial port is the fourth French port of importation of exotic woods, mostly from the Gulf of Guinea. It is also the place of unloading and loading of iron, fertilizers, coal and building materials. The port exports the grain produced in the region and has a silo with a capacity of 33,000 tons. One of the locks of the port of Ouistreham at the mouth of the canal can accommodate ships of more than 200 meters long.