Valmagne Abbey is a Cistercian abbey located Villeveyrac in the department of Herault in France. It is classified as historical monuments.
Valmagne was founded as a Benedictine qu'abbaye in 1138 by Raymond Trencavel, Viscount of Beziers, before being attached to the order of Citeaux in 1159, becoming cisterscienne Abbey. The twelfth century to the early fourteenth century, it was one of the richest abbeys in the south of France. It was heavily damaged during the Hundred Years War and again sacked during the French Revolution. The last monks left the abbey in 1789.
Although became national, it was later sold to Mr. Granier-Joyeuse in 1791 and bought by the Count de Turenne in 1838, the family who owns it now. The present church, a Gothic classic, was rebuilt in 1257. Measuring 23 m high and 83 m long, it was converted into a winery after the Revolution, and still houses the wrath of wine production in the local domain. The conservation status of the cloister, the chapter house and the building are usually of the Abbey of Valmagne a remarkable architectural element in the department.
The Abbey is now home from time to time cultural events, and is also open to tourist visits.