Located in the area of Sceaux, Musée de l'Ile de France is located in the castle of Sceaux was built between 1856 and 1862 for the Duke and Duchess of Treviso, at the site of the ancient castle of Colbert . It traces the history of the Domaine de Sceaux and holds collections of paintings, graphic arts, ceramics and furniture evoking the richness of the Paris region. The whole of his collections are presented in the stables of the estate, buildings recently restored by the General Council of Hauts-de-Seine. The stables are in the field and a new exhibition space with a complete multimedia equipment. It opens the possibility to deliver a synthesis of knowledge about the history of the area and the architecture of the main buildings that make up since 1670 and can be visited: the ancient castle and the castle today, the Orangery Jules-Hardoin Mansart, the flag of the Dawn, a masterpiece of Charles Le Brun.