At the heart of the Ermenonville forest, in the Oise, facing the Sea of Sand, the Royal Abbey of Chaalis this, beyond the seven centuries of history, the splendor of an exceptional collector's home. The Abbey and grounds were bequeathed to the Institut de France in 1912 by Nélie Jacquemart, widow of Edouard André. The ruins of the abbey church of the thirteenth century, the Chapel of St. Mary with frescoes of the sixteenth century (Primaticcio), the huge park, rose garden and ponds add to the attractiveness of the museum. The large collection Jean-Jacques Rousseau finds its place in this area on his land that has the "shack" of the philosopher and the "desert" Ermenonville.
Allow the deposit of cookies to access this video.